Steve A. Mora, MD, Orange County Shoulder Specialist. He also specializes in Arthroscopic treatment of conditions affecting the knee, elbow and hip. Dr. Mora is a board certified orthopedic surgeon with subspecialty fellowship training in sports medicine, cartilage restoration and arthroscopic surgery.
A message from Dr. Mora:
I hope to create a close patient-doctor relationship based on trust and mutual respect. I believe my patients’ medical treatment begins with their complete understanding of their condition. I do my very best to understand the cause of pain and then I provide a patient specific treatment approach.
I have extensive training and experience taking care of sports related trauma and arthritis. Although my surgical training has been extensive, I take great pride in being able to treat most problems without surgery. I do this by staying up to date on advances in medicine as well as partnering with specialists who have the same goals in mind. When surgery is necessary you can be reassured that it will be state of the art and patient specific.
I believe that my success in diagnosing and treating orthopedic problems was borne out of my own personal traumatic injury to my legs. While living in Peru I was struck by a commuter bus. This accident severely injured my legs and forever changed my life. I have experienced many of the same surgeries which I now perform on my own patients. It is an interesting thought but I believe that this experience has allowed me to be more in tune with my patients’ concerns, symptoms and experiences.
I am proud to say that my medical training was done at top medical institutions. My medical training was at the University of California Irvine (UCI) School of Medicine. While at UCI School of Medicine I finished in the top of my class earning the coveted Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor Society. I completed my residency at University of Southern California (USC/LAC) Medical Center where I gained extensive experience taking care of high energy trauma and complex fractures. I rounded off my training by doing a sportsmedicine, arthroscopy, shoulder, knee and cartilage Fellowship at the Santa Monica Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine group.
I stay on top of cutting edge medical technology through my membership with the Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA) and the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. I frequently give lectures on sports injuries. I have published numerous book chapters on sports injury related topics.
I have a special interest in not only treating the weekend warrior but also professional Mixed Martial Arts athletes and soccer players.
My family heritage is Peruvian and I speak fluent Spanish.am a Orange County Orthopedic surgeon.
I am a Board Certified Orange County Orthopedic Surgeon.
Below is a list of some of the procedures and services I perform. If you have any questions please use the contact link on this webpage and send me a message.
Procedures and Services
- Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery for:
- Rotator Cuff Tendon Tears including revision repair for failed Rotator Cuff Repair
- Rotator Cuff Tendon Impingement and Bursitis
- Rotator Cuff Calcium Deposits aka Calcific Tendinitis
- Shoulder Instability (Dislocations) and Labral Tears
- Shoulder Joint Arthritis and Loose Bodies
- Shoulder Joint Stiffness (Frozen Shoulder/ Adhesive Capsulitis)
- Acromio-Clavicular (AC joint) Arthritis and Pain
- Biceps Tendonitis and Tears
- Complications Resulting from Prior Shoulder Surgery
- Open Shoulder Surgery for:
- Total Shoulder Arthroplasty/ Replacement
- Partial Shoulder Replacement/ Hemi-Arthroplasty
- Shoulder Instability with Bone Loss or for failed arthroscopic repair
- Acromio-Clavicular (AC joint) Separation/ Dislocation
- Proximal Humerus Fractures
- Clavicle Fractures
- Muscle Transfers for Unrepairable Rotator Cuff Tear
- Pectoralis Major Muscle Rupture
- Acute Proximal Biceps Ruptures
- Arthroscopic Knee Surgery for:
- Meniscus Tear Repair or Excision
- Articular Cartilage Damage/ Chondromalacia
- Stiffness/ Catching After Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Patellar Pain
- Loose Bodies
- Open Knee Surgery for:
- Patellar Dislocation/ Subluxation (MPFL Reconstruction)
- Torn Patellar & Quadriceps Tendons
- Reconstruction of Collateral Ligament Instability
- Persistent Bursitis
- Cartilage Resurfacing including Genzyme, OATS, Fresh Allograft, Meniscus Transplantation
- Elbow Arthroscopic and Open Procedures:
- Fractures including olecranon, radial head and coronoid fractures
- Elbow Stiffness due to arthritis and trauma
- Lateral Epicondylitis
- Persistent Bursitis
- Hip Arthroscopy for the treatment of labral tears, impingement and loose bodies
- Treatment of most fractures including ankle, forearm, tibia and wrist
- Non Operative Orthopedic Procedures include Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and Bone Marrow Derived Adult Mesenchymal Stem Cell injections and Hyaluronic Acid Injections for the treatment of sports injuries and arthritis
- If you have an orthopaedic condition and wish to be advised on the most appropriate treatment, please call (714) 639-3750 to schedule an appointment or request an appointment below. Thank you.
For info regarding my practice you can also visit me on youtube.com
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]