**Important information about your upcoming surgery**
You have decided that surgery is the best option for you at this time. Please follow the directions below so that your surgery preparation is carried out smoothly.
- Our office will obtain surgery pre-authorization, however you should confirm your insurance benefits including co-payments and deductibles yourself. We will call you to schedule the surgery. Please arrange your transportation.
- Please make your “pre-op” appointment with Dr. Mora 7-10 days before your surgery date once the surgery date is set.
- Pre-operative routine blood tests will be done 7-10 days before your surgery. We will direct you to the hospital laboratory on the day of your pre-op visit.
- In some cases, you will be asked to see your primary care physician or internist 1-2 weeks prior to the surgery for a “medical clearance letter”. Please make sure all test results and the doctor’s letter is faxed to us at 714 771-5194 1-2 weeks prior to the surgery date. If this step is not completed, your surgery may be postponed.
- A vendor may call you at home regarding cold therapy unit, motion machine, pain pump or any other ordered equipment. If these items are delivered to you, make sure you bring them with you to your surgery. If your equipment malfunctions, call the vendor for assistance.
- Discontinue aspirin and anti-inflammatories 2 weeks before your surgery. If you are on Coumadin (blood thinner) you must see your internist or hematologist so that it can be properly stopped and re-started. You may take Tylenol up until the day of surgery.
- Day Before Surgery: Do not eat or drink after midnight before your surgery, unless directed otherwise. If your surgery is outpatient arrange for someone to give you a ride and pick you up. Plan on arriving 1 hour before and leaving 1 hour after the surgery is done.
- Day Of Surgery: Take a marker and write on the extremity that will NOT be operated on “do not operate here”. Arrive one hour early. It is OK to take your routine medicine early in the morning with a small sip of water unless otherwise instructed by your internist. Bring a list of your medications and allergies with you.
All of us at Dr. Mora’s office wish you a complete and happy recovery. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to call us anytime.
Dr. Mora’s Staff