Sports Trauma, Arthroscopy, Cartilage Specialist
Steve A. Mora, MD: I am a Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon at Restore Orthopedics and Spine Center in Orange County. Restore Orthopedics and Spine Center is hands down the top Orthopedic and Pain management practice in Orange County. At Restore we strive to help patients with obtaining an accurate diagnosis and efficient patient specific treatment. I have personally had my share of very serious orthopedic injuries therefore my perspective as an orthopedic surgeon is unique. Because of my injuries and multiple surgeries I personally know what my patients are experiencing. I understand pain; both emotionally and physically. My treatment approach is generally conservative. I will offer non operative options whenever possible. I do stay up to date on new procedures such as hip arthroscopy for the treatment of impingement and partial knee replacements. I also keep up to date on exciting and novel treatments for arthritis and injuries such as stem cell injections, Lipogems and platelet rich plasma a.k.a., PRP.
However, when surgery is necessary you can rest assured that it will be state-of-the-art, patient specific and safe.
For more information on the procedures I perform please click here.
Dr. Mora Specializes in:
Arthritis of the Knee
Regenerative Medicine including Stem Cells, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and Lipogems
VIDEO TESTIMONIAL: A patient with knee arthritis speaks about his experience avoiding knee replacement and Lipogems Injection
VIDEO TESTIMONIAL: UFC Champ TJ Dillashaw gives Dr. Mora a big shout out after UFC 227.
VIDEO TESTIMONIAL: UFC Champ Michael Bisping speaks about his experience after knee arthroscopy.
VIDEO TESTIMONIAL: UFC Champ Tony Ferguson speaks about his experience after his arm injury and recovery.
Are you interested in Platelet Rich Plasma or Adult Stem Cell treatment?
Click on the link to learn about Platelet Rich Plasma, Adult Stem Cells and Lipogems offered by Dr. Mora
FOR APPOINTMENTS PLEASE CALL RESTORE ORTHOPEDICS AND SPINE CENTER 714.598.1745
Please note that our RESTORE ORTHOPEDIC URGENT CARE is open M-F 9-5:30. Walk-Ins are welcomed. No appointment is necessary.
ANNOUNCING A NEW SERVICE
For patients who live outside of the area, Dr. Mora is available for LIVE telephone conversations.
For more information and to schedule an Expert Telephone Educational session with Dr. Mora please Click
PATIENT TESTIMONIALS (The actual testimonials can be found on Yelp):
- Sergio on Adult Stem Cell Injections for his Knee Arthritis: I live in China. I had two knee operations on my left knee. After the second one, my knee never felt normal. It felt like there was still something wrong. I went to see Dr. Mora
He examined me and listen to what my goals were for my life style physical activity. He talked to me about the various options available. He recommended a Stem Cell shot.
I read all the material he provided and decided to get the stem cell shot. Afterwards, the first week my knee felt tight. When it went away, my knee felt better than the past 20
years. It now feels normal like before the first operation.
- Lawrence on Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy for my thumbs which have osteoarthritis: I play a concert grand pedal harp, and I was going to have to give it up, because the pain was so bad. PRP is experimental and so not covered by insurance, and it works better for some people than others. I happen to have responded to it really well. My hands are so much stronger, and I do still have occasional discomfort in one thumb. However, previous to the PRP procedure I was in daily pain and ready to give up the instrument I love. I am back to playing for a couple hours per day and thrilled with the results.
- Julie B: Dr. Mora might be the best doctor I have ever seen in my 53 years. Incredibly empathetic! He spent a great deal of time explaining my knee problems and recommendations. The office is very clean with state if the art X-rays that show up on the screen in the exam room. Staff is courteous and phone calls are returned. I’m a retired nurse and I did my research! He’s amazing! I’ll report back after my knee surgery!
- MMA Fighter Marie AK C: Hands down, best orthopedic surgeon in Southern California! I was referred to Dr. Mora after sustaining a serious lisfranc foot injury. Unlike most doctors who usually suggest surgery right off the bat (because it means $$$$$), Dr Mora was willing to “wait and see” if the injury would heal without surgery. Unfortunately, it was determined that my injury would require surgery (a couple of screws). I consider myself to be physically active – In fact, I train and fight in Muay Thai Kickboxing, a combat sport. I was devastated to learn that post-surgery I would be on crutches for about 8 weeks and subsequently would need surgery to remove the screws. Approximately 6 weeks after the second surgery, I was released to start training again. After an 8 week fight camp, I had my comeback fight where I won via unanimous decision.
- Ervin S on his Knee Surgery Using Local Anesthesia: Wednesday morning, I had my torn meniscus removed. I didn’t want to be put under, just a local.
Dr. Mora and the anesthesiologist Dr. Haier agreed. I actually watched my surgery on the big screen.Dr. Haier zonked me pretty good while they numbed the knee and I never felt the needles. But otherwise I watched the whole thing.
This is Saturday morning and it’s 12 hours since I’ve had an Aleve. The first time in 4years there’s no pain.
- Robert on his Meniscus Repair: I injured my meniscus in a mountain bike crash and after consulting with Dr Mora decided to have meniscus repair surgery. I was very impressed with time he spent explaining the surgery and the recovery process. The problem was that he was leaving the following week on a trip to Peru to do volunteer medical work (which he does every year) and his schedule was booked. Not wanting me to suffer (my knee was locked in a 90 degree angle) he asked his scheduling assistant to find a way to get me in. She called the surgery center and got them to schedule me 3 days out at 5AM, 1 hour before their normal 1st patient. He met me before surgery and then again in the recovery room to tell me everything went great. He even called me 4 days later, just before his trip, to check on me. Recovery went well and I was back to my normal activities in just 6 weeks. I would highly recommend Dr Mora!
Check out my Profile on Yelp
For more info become a Fan!
Dr. Mora’s Twitter Link: 4000+ Followers
My Professional LinkedIn Profile
Restore Orthopedics and Spine Center
112o W. La Veta Ave, Third Floor
Orange, CA 92868
Office: (714) 598-1745
Fax: (714) 941-9539
[contact-form-7 id=”1130″ title=”Contact Dr. Mora Mobile”]